>> Sunday, March 20, 2011

lately i've been thinking a lot about mortality. the gravity of its affect, or for some, lack thereof, on each of our existences.
relatives and loved ones, theirs are the ones that immediately concern me. and rightfully so, as the disconnect between our lives have the least distance from one another. it pains me to say that in my lifetime, i have thought less about the frailty of human life as well as the time in which it is able to be experienced, as i have about things like having fun, shopping, seeing friends, working, and going to school. it is only now, when the evidence seems to be so prominent in every direction of what makes my world go round, that i truly wonder about existence. a man that was once so terrifyingly great and strong to me, unable to lift himself out of bed. his words becoming increasingly helpless and beaten down. the woman that i can barely remember from my childhood, but that holds so much of my past, seemingly withering away. my own, never becoming my own, but continuing to be a constant thought as the months roll away from the day that could have been. tragedy in a country on the other side of the world, one that i can't even begin to comprehend.
i really wonder about our existence; whether to find beauty in the aftermath of tragedy, if it is possible to appreciate life fully, and why are we all even here?

related video + totally going on a scoot adventure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment